- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 236.079 million with over 4.821 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 376 active cases of coronavirus with 31 new cases yesterday. Meanwhile, the Australian State of New South Wales reported 594 new cases and 10 deaths yesterday with Victoria reporting 1838 new cases with 5 deaths
- The RBNZ hikes its cash rate to 0.50% from 0.25%
- Japanese premier calls for capital gains tax to rise from 20% to 25%
- Goldman Sachs predicts 600k headline for NFP result, much higher than forecast
- Crude Oil settles at 78.30 per barrel
- Evergrande may continue to affect market sentiment as the “real” off balance sheet debt of the Chinese company is exposed.
- Fed’s Mester sees US inflation driven by supply and demand factors due to coronavirus which may not see inflation rising further