- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 260.178 million with over 5.197 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 5213 active cases of coronavirus with 178 new cases today and 1 death. Meanwhile, the Australian State of New South Wales reported 276 new cases and 0 deaths yesterday with Victoria reporting 1196 new cases with 3 deaths
- In the latest moves to curb he covid pandemic in Europe France will reinforce their borders as covid infections rise. Austria has locked down and Germany is about to
- After the latest Fed Minutes we now know that several members prefer a swifter taper, watch policy start to change over the coming months. We expect the Fed to hike 3 times next year
- A new covid variant B11529 has been identified in Botswana with a few cases identified, labelled by virologist Tom Peacock at the Imperial College of London as “really awful”
- The USD is the strongest currency this week and the New Zealand Dollar is the weakest on the main board