- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 419.569 million with over 5.876 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 1573 active cases of coronavirus with 62 people in hospital, none are in intensive care. The NZ border will reopen in stages from the 27th of this month in a 5 step plan of self-isolation for travellers to reduce the MIQ facilities.
- Canadian CPI y/y up 2.3% compared to 2.1% in December
- France on the wires saying Iran nuclear deal is just days away
- Japanese Machinery orders jumped 3.6% vs -2.0% predicted for December
- Crude Oil is being supported by fears over a Russian invasion of Ukraine with predictions the commodity could push price over $100/barrel in the coming days