- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 231.343 million with over 4.741 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 289 active cases of coronavirus with 15 new cases yesterday. Meanwhile, the Australian State of New South Wales reported 1063 new cases and 6 deaths yesterday with Victoria reporting 766 new cases.
- UK Consumer Confidence -13 vs -8, the lowest level since April and the biggest monthly drop since October 2020
- NZ Trade Balance for August has recorded a deficit of -2.144B – YTD is -2.94B
- Bank of England may consider raising rates before ending bond buying
- Federal Reserve speak on tapering causes sharp rises in equity indices which are up over 1% on the day
- Iron Ore prices continue to fall, dipping to $103 per ton this morning, the late June 2020 low