- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 221.924 million with over 4.587 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 625 active cases of coronavirus with 13 new cases yesterday. Meanwhile, the Australian State of New South Wales reported 1405 new cases and 5 deaths yesterday with Victoria reporting 334 new cases.
- Vaccine passports are coming to NZ with New Zealanders required to have proof of covid vaccinations by Christmas.
- Japan set to extend their state of emergency in 19 regions to the end of September.
- Retail Card Spending in NZ plunged -19.8% as the impact from lockdowns is felt.
- DOW and S&P trades lower for the fourth straight day.