- Worldwide coronavirus cases surpass 447.653 million with over 6.025 million official deaths.
- New Zealand has 23,894 active community cases of coronavirus with 756 people in hospital, 16 in intensive care.
- Crude Oil prices soar to record levels after Iranian talks turn stale, Russian deputy PM saying crude prices could hit $300 per barrel if sanctions on Russian oil are brought in. US and EU allies are considering banning imports of Russian crude
- UK headlines report that the EU plans to pull back on Russian gas imports by two thirds over the next 12 months
- South Korea has suspended transactions with Russia
- US Equities give back last week’s gains falling over 2.0% overnight
- Ukraine/Russia conflicts cause gold to surge, topping out overnight at 2001.00 an ounce
- Any progress in the 3rd round talks between negotiators in the Ukraine and Russia war could take days or weeks to come up with a solution with 4th round talks due to start soon in Belarus